Some of our services are currently available, others are forthcoming. Please contact the Center for further details.
The Hagar Center
Comprehensive Resource Center For Teenage Mothers.
The Hagar Center will be a one-stop comprehensive resource agency designed to provide pre and postnatal services for homeless teen mothers.
Research shows that teenage mothers are more likely to participate in programs that support their health and the health of their babies if the services are accessible.
In addition to medical care for teenage mothers and their children, the Center will offer:
- Parenting, life-skills, and support groups for teen mothers and fathers,
- Tutoring to improve grades, GED scores, and college preparation,
- DHS assistance with qualifying for Family First, food stamps and TennCare,
- Sex Ed., birth control, testing for HIV/STDs and substance abuse,
- In-home visitations by experienced parenting educators, and
- Domestic violence education and other services including: Daycare assistance, transportation, dental, legal, counseling, family mentors and employment assistance. Many services will be available to teen fathers.
“Reducing teen pregnancy and birth is one of the most effective ways of reducing child poverty in the country.”